Thursday 9 February 2012

Possibly a ‘controversial blog post alert’!


Possibly a ‘controversial blog post alert’! 


I am a self confessed magazine junkie and buy pretty much all of the house/home magazines going, therefore I have not failed to notice that a trend over the past few months is antlers which come in all shapes, sizes and colours adorning anything and everything.  I like very much!  I mentioned this in passing and my Dad said “I can get you some really nice ones”, in my excitement I explained specifically the size I wanted and where I wanted them to go and even what I was going to adorn them with – what I failed to mention was “please, no resemblance of a real animal”.  My very pleased Dad appeared with ‘a present’ for me recently, I excitedly peered into the bag only to be greeted by the sight of part of a dead dear skull with antlers attached.  Whilst trying to show gratitude I couldn't help but express my horror over the skull part and my dad replied “no, that’s fine.  These are over 100 years old” – like that makes me feel any better?  Then deflated he said “don’t you like them”?   Well, ummm, ewww, errrrrr !!! They don’t resemble anything like what I have seen in Homes and Gardens but they are a present so I must make the best of them. I am racking my brains for ideas how to make the below look chic, cool and more importantly not so ‘animal headish’???  




No comments:

Post a Comment