Saturday 16 February 2013

Bring on the sparkly stuff ...

I started this week missing glitter. I haven't glittered anything for weeks now ~ this wrong had to be righted asap. Bring on the sparkly stuff ...
I mixed PVA glue and glitter and my sole aim was to bling up a dinky glass jar ready to display spring blooms. However, I found I had loads more glitter glue left over, never a bad thing in my opinion. In search of things to be glittered here is what got covered in the stuff ...
 
 
 
My dinky jar and then onto ...
 
Man, how I lurve magic sparkliness that is the mighty glitter.
 
~ ~ ~
 
This week my mind has been racing ahead into our future, our grand plan has always been to move to Wales.  When our first kiddywinkle was born we carefully assessed our children's future and our future and drew up a 20 year plan. This being we would stay in Oxfordshire and see our children through education and further education Oxfordshire stylie and when our second child (who was still a twinkle in his Daddy's eye at this point) had left school and was settled into further education we would up sticks and move to Gods country. We are over half way through our 20 year plan and this year sees our next chapter only 9 years away. Wow. Oxfordshire is our home and we love it here but when we reach a certain point in our lives we want to move to our second home, the Gower. Our children have grown up knowing this is our intention and have incorporated Wales into their futures too, looking to Swansea university as a possible next step on their ladder. So anyways, 9 years and counting ~ will my West Oxon World become a South Wales one? Here's hoping :)
Spending every opportunity in Wales since our kiddywinks were babies
 
~ ~ ~
 
With this week being half term our home has been full of noise, dirt and activity. My son is a chip off the ol' block and when he discovered a tonne of old boxes in the garage his eyes lite up and he said "don't throw those away, I can make something out of them". His bedroom currently resembles an electrical store but big plans are afoot to transform bland boxes into ... armour! Yep, give a kid a cardboard box and the possibilities are endless!

~ ~ ~

What have I been listening to this week? This ...
 
 The Twang ~ two lovers.

~ ~ ~

Thursday saw St. Valentine’s Day — a day to declare your affection for that special someone. My special someone has known me long enough to know I don't buy into Valentines, literally. I can't bring myself to waste £3.00 on a card and then further hard earned pennies on anything to buy just to mark the day. My husband is over the moon with my anti-consumerism, it lets him off the hook. No trawling the shops looking for present inspiration for him. Just because we don't spend our money on Valentine paraphernalia though it doesn't mean we don't mark the day. No siree. We had the most delish home cooked meal consisting of prize cuts of meat and a posh side dish. In the absence of two cards I turned to my most fav blog of all time ...
 
 http://alisaburke.blogspot.co.uk/

 Alisa Burke's blog makes my heart sing every time I visit and the lovely Alisa did not disappoint on Valentines day. She painted the below for her viewers to download, and download I did ...
 
 
I printed off a large copy which, in my opinion is a gorgeous alternative to cards. But, do yeh know, at the end of the day ...
 
~ ~ ~
 
With the arrival of much welcomed milder weather a lovely long dog walkies was arranged for Saturday avo.
I joined my lovely friends and lil Bess did the same with hers ...
 
 
 Four terriers (aka a pack) had soooo much fun playing and turfing anything and everything out of the surrounding hedges, including Deer's ...

 
This looks like a tranquil shot, what you don't see is a gaggle of terriers in tow giving it some!!!

~ ~ ~
 
 My fav photo of the week ...

 
 Part of the woods we walked through Saturday avo.

~ ~ ~

Until next Sunday, bye y'all xx


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment