Friday 31 August 2012

I can feel one of my heads coming on ...

Following on from my excited, optimistic post (here) when I was in my element as hunter gather of all things pretty to feather our two wheeled nest with, well ... the boho, rattan, Arabian nights rug has been pulled out from under me due to 'total load weight restrictions'.  "What? Is this just something someone has made up to sound all knowledgeable and important, did a 'load weight' person invent this in order to get a promotion or pay rise? NOPE ~ it's a real, proper, very serious thing apparently!

Here's the really bad news, due to these restrictions it is advisable to only take essentials and keep things to a minimum when transporting a caravan.
MINIMUM?
ESSENTIALS?
I.AM.NOT.AMUSED.
 My husband is insisting that cushions, throws, flower vases, tea light holders, candles, pictures and other homely things are not essentials.
"WHAT? ARE YOU JOKING? NO CUSHIONS? NO SOFT FURNISHINGS?
But I have two large Ikea bags full of beautifulness to feather our mobile nest, 70's vintage Pyrex the lot!

It's all too much for me, I'm in need of a lay down, I  can feel one of my heads coming on.
 
Well ... theres only one thing for it, I'm off to buy a trailer ~ laters x

PS ... seriously? No soft furnishings? Like none? Really?