Thursday 7 June 2012

The nibbler has been nobbled ...

Once again we stand accused of salvaging a piece of neglected forlorn furniture from becoming firewood and have had an antique pine cupboard in our garage waiting for some TLC. TLC came in the way of me and a sander a couple of weekends ago, let me tell you it was not so much in the way of 'tender' loving care and more like 'turn the thing on, hang on for dear life and watch in horror as the machine takes chunks out of a piece of furniture that has stood the test of time until I came along'. 
I will 'fess up to blowing the sander up but will quickly move on from that as my husband has forgiven but not forgotten. 
I then cleaned the cupboard and applied layers and layers of furniture wax ~ the cupboard gorged on it as it had been left parched and neglected for way too long.

Freshly sanded/butchered.

Then all that was left to do was bring it in and fill it up!
You may notice some chunks of wood on the floor by the cabinet, it has been 'nibbled' while our backs have been turned.

The nibbler has been nobbled!

No comments:

Post a Comment