Sunday 3 June 2012

Boho obsession ...

Picture from Tapuki.com

I seem to have developed an ‘all things BoHo’ yearning since the arrival of sunny weather.  I go off in search of second hand jewellery and fabric in the bohemian style as often as I can,however my finds are a bit hit and miss as I continue to try and perfect this style! I’m fast discovering that what can pass as a funky bit of Boho cool, when paired up with the wrong clothing/fabric can quickly turn into ‘older lady chic gone wrong’. I’m learning fast that layering is the way to go and the more BoHo’esq necklaces and bracelets worn the better.  I feel a bit like a teenager again trying to find ‘my’ style and having a few miss-judgments (aka OMG what are you wearing) along the way.  I have to say my long flowery bohemian dress makes me feel like a right nonce and seems to be hell-bent on tripping me up stairs and making me paranoid that, one of its many floaty bits are caught up in my knickers ~ but I’m hoping I’ll learn to love my new found hippy look. Yep, I’m getting comments along the lines of ‘Er, are times that hard your wearing the curtains now ~ haaaa’ and ‘hum, your dress is err very floral, maybe a belt would help’, I was under the impression my attire was complete and that no ‘help’ was needed. Anyways, here is a little gallery of some of my new BoHo buys, I’m hoping they fit the Bohemian catagory nicely and much more Boho then HoBo or even OhNo!!! 
See what you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment